As a university holding a Royal Charter from the Kingdom of Bunyoro-Kitara, EAU in 2018 established a new international Chartered Institute as a centre of the University devoted to Project Managers.
The Institute was established as a collaboration by EAU and leading Ghanaian educational entrepreneur Professor Joseph Olusola Aina, who has extensive experience in training and certifying Project Managers.
The Institute offers established Project Managers the opportunity to obtain a certification based on their experience in the field of Project Management. Each candidate presents a portfolio of their achievements which is assessed by the Institute for the applicable level of membership.
All certifications from the Institute are endorsed by EAU and can be recognized for degree credit towards EAU degrees at the applicable level.
Contact for information about and enrolment to these programs, and all applicable fees, should be made directly to:
Professor Joseph Olusola Aina
Kingson Management and Health Institute, Accra
Grefe – Pambros, Dansoman, Accra, Ghana
Telephone: +233-248664002, +233-575696889
Levels of professional certification
All certifications require the applicant to possess at least a diploma, National Certificate of Education, Higher National Diploma, or Bachelor degree, with requisite years of experience in the field.
Certified Project Manager
Certified Human Resources Analyst
These certifications are suitable for candidates who hold at least a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, personnel management or human resource management, and who can demonstrate relevant experience in the field of certification.
Certified Project Engineer
This certification is suitable for holders of at least a Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in any field of Engineering and Applied Sciences, plus relevant experience.
Certified Project Health Analyst
This certification is suitable for Diploma or Bachelor’s degree holders in nursing and other biomedical areas, as well as in developmental and social work, plus relevant experience.
Certified Project Education Manager
Suitable for Diploma, National Certificate of Education, or Bachelor of Education holders.
Certified Quality Manager
Certified Project Economist
Certified CyberCrime Specialist
Certified Anti Fraud Specialist
Certified Agricultural Project Manager
Certified Event and Media Manager
Certified Consultancy Manager
Certified Corporate Governance and Public Analyst
Certified Information Technology Analyst
Certified Public Relations and Advertisement Manager
Certified Engineering Manager
Certified Management Consultant
Certified Project Consultant
Certified Digital Marketing Specialist
Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager
Certified Construction Manager
Certified International Information System Auditor
Certified Hospitality Manager
Certified Hotel Manager
Certified Project Cost Manager
Certified Insurance and Actuarial Manager
Certified Money and Banking Expert
Certified Sales Project Manager
Certified Personnel Manager
Certified Planning Engineer
Certified Student Personnel Director
Certified Sport Administrator
Certified Project Office Manager
Certified System Engineer
Certified Network Engineer
Certified Sales Engineer
Certified Test Engineer
Certified Spatial and Remote Sensing Analyst
Certified Project Fund and Money Manager
Certified Production Engineer
Certified Environmental Specialist
Certified Real Estate and Legal Director
Certified Land and Housing Planner
Certified Project Health Care Manager
Chartered Human Resources Manager
Membership of the Institute is available at several different levels for active practitioners, whether certified by the Institute or not. There will be an annual membership fee which is mandatory and must be paid annually by all members to be in good standing with the Institute and use its membership designations.
There are special arrangements for membership for candidates who are already Certified by the Institute or who have completed the Institute’s educational programs.
- Affiliate member – intended for undergraduate and diploma or NCE holders. Admission is based on an entry-level examination.
- Associate member – intended for HND or bachelor’s degree holders in all fields. The admittance will also be based on examinations and interview.
- Full member – intended for professionals with a minimum of 5 post graduation years of working experience in the professional field.
- Junior Fellows – who can demonstrate outstanding performance in their professional fields with ten years experience, or (for graduates) five years post qualification experience.
- Fellow – a candidate may be elected to the fellow membership board based on contributions to the institute.
The Institute through the EAU network of affiliated campuses and distance education also offers a range of taught and assessed programs in Project Management. The levels offered include:
- Advanced Certificate
- Diploma in Project Management
- Postgraduate Certificate with specialization.
In addition, Project Management can be selected as a specialization for degrees in Business Administration at the Bachelor, Master and Doctor levels, and particularly for a Master of Project Management degree.
Course content for these programs includes the following, subject to requirements and demand:
- FUNDAMENTALS FOR MANAGING PROJECTS
- PROJECT SCOPE MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT COST ANALYSIS
- PROJECT TIME MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT RISK MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT HUMAN RESOURCES
- PROJECT PUBLIC RELATIONS AND ADVERTISEMENTS
- PROJECT QUALITY MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT STAKEHOLDERS
- PROJECT PLANNING
- PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
- ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT MARKETING SEGMENTATION AND STRATEGIES
- PROJECT EVENT MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT PUBLIC ACCOUNTING AND POLICIES
- CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND PROJECT ANALYSIS
- PROJECT EDUCATION MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AND FARM MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- PROJECT INVESTMENT, ACQUISITION AND MONETARY ANALYSIS
- DONOR AND PROJECT NGO MANAGEMENT
- PROJECT ENGINEERING PLANNING AND STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
- PROJECT QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
- PROJECT TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION